It's hard. I am a collector of the most basic kind. I am a classic male pack rat. Whatever I get interesed in I buys lots of, and I buys lots of books about what I'm interested in too.
Sadly, since having my job off-shored to India my disposable income has become almost nil - so now I must divest in order to be able to continue accumulating.
Fortunately, being a member of The Malaya Study Group I can submit booklets to the club packet circuit.
But oh! Trying to choose what stays and what goes.
That's the pits.
The accquisitive side of me says sell what will make the best return now. The forward thinker says 'keep hold of the most expensive items because they will continue to improve in value quicker than the cheap stuff'.
But do I really need five copies of the 1926 FMS grey green and green $1, (current catalogue value £45 used)?
My head says no, but my heart says yes. And I'm only selling them so I can buy other stamps, so it's not a neccessity.
I have done the deed though and prepared three booklets for the club circuit. Crammed with stamps from Victoria to liberation, (the $1's didn't get included) they will have to be insured before I release them to the less than tender care of the post office.
Its' quite tragic really - I've put more effort into putting my spares into booklets than I have in mounting the others in my collection.
Ho hum! If you want to see what I'm giving up, look below:-










Buts thats not all - if you want to see what else I'm letting go see IHTSG 2 and 3
No comments:
Post a Comment